These are my famous cookies, that I make regularly. They are delicious and make a very large serving!
Serves: I get roughly 100-130 based on making them 1/2 a tablespoon
- ¾ Cup olive oil (or any oil you prefer)
- 1/2 cup sugar*
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar*
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons organic pure vanilla
- 2 3/4 cup organic whole-meal plain flour**
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup organic chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 180C/360 F
2. Beat oil and both sugars for 3 minutes
3. Add both eggs and vanilla and beat for a further 2 minutes.
4. Add baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour until cookie dough is fully incorporated.
5. Finally add chocolate chips.
6. The batter should be thick.
7. Scoop 1/2 tablespoons of dough on baking paper
8. Bake 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. THIS IS IMPORTANT! If the edges are golden brown take them out of the oven-otherwise they will over cook and go hard.
9. Place cookies on a wire rack and enjoy
*If you would like to swap the sugar for apple sauce go to this link to see how to substitute it
**To make the cookies chocolate change the flour to 2 1/2 cups and ¼ cup organic cocoa powder
Calories: roughly 30 calories (depending on the size you can calculate the calories here
These cookies really are fantastic, if you don’t want 100 cookies, make half the recipe or give them to people as gifts or even freeze the cookies for up to a week. They are delicious! Also if you want them bigger by all means make them bigger.